Council for Indigenous Education in Manitoba understands the importance of education for all Indigenous people. We are pleased to announce that we will be sponsoring tuition for any Indigenous educators who are upgrading their own education by pursuing a Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Education at any of the post-secondary institutions in Manitoba.
Any PBDE student of Indigenous ancestry can apply for a bursary to cover $500 in tuition for a course during the 2019-2020 school year. This includes one bursary for each of the four terms – Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer. Eligibility is based on the criteria outlined below.
We look forward to supporting Indigenous educators in their journey to advance their careers through the completion of a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Education or a Master’s Degree in Education.
Criteria for Applicants:
- Must be a member in good standing of the Council for Indigenous Education in Manitoba. (Attend the 2019 CIEM MTS PD Day on October 25, 2019)
- Must be registered for a class in the 2019-2020 academic year at any Manitoba post-secondary institution
- Must be of Indigenous ancestry – First Nations, Metis, or Inuit
Criteria for Consideration:
- Must provide a one page letter outlining ancestry, area of study, volunteer service/experience, and any other information you wish to include that would support your application
- Proof of tuition fees paid and successful completion of course taken must be provided before funds are paid out
- Submit application in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your return email address.
Application deadline is Friday, November 8, 2019 for the 2019-2020 academic year. Winners will be notified in writing.